LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Puneet Dimri   19 January 2016

Notice pay requirement in probation period

Dear Sir/Madam, I have joined a company in last September, & as I have not received any confirmation letter, so I am currently on probation period as per employment letter. My query is that, recently I got opportunity in Government sector. So I had given 1 month notice to my current employer, now they are saying to serve 3 months Notice period or pay full salary in lieu thereof.
In Employment letter the notice period is separately mentioned to be of 3 months & does not mention whether it is applicable to probationary period or not.

I request you to please help me on to this. 

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 January 2016

Read your appointment letter once more had they written after worked for certain period in probation you will be automatically treat as a confirmed employ either confirmation letter issued to you or not, if this point is not written then meet your higher appointing authority/director if they too adament then meet a lawyer and send a notice to them, it will create pressure on them and your problem will sort out .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 January 2016

Repeated Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Notice-pay-requirement-in-probation-period-580001.asp

Puneet Dimri   20 January 2016

Thank you Sir for your reply. My Apoointment letter clearly says, I will be on probation till I do not get any confimration letter.

Please confirm me if the notice period is applicable in prbation period, although I have already given them 1 month notice, but as earlier discussed they are pressurising me to serve 3 months.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 January 2016

You have already been advised to consult with all docs on record, in other thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More