LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

indranil chandra (SEnior Developer)     20 June 2013

Non payment of tatadocomo bill

Hi, Greetings to all.


I had a Tata-Photon connection which after March my parents repeatedly called Tata-Teleservice operators to disconect but they were not doing the same and kept on sending the bills.


And also I stopped them using the conenction and as a result there was no usage in the month of April.

Now after I got April bill I called up agian the operator and threatened them to disconnect to which they took the compalint and disconnect it. Now they have send me legal notice to pay the remaining amount 550 Rupees .


Do I need to pay or should I fight against it as I have the last month bill of  0 data usage and can I submit the same in my favour ? Though I donot have any other documents to prove the March calls to disconnect as the requests are made through phones.



Indranil Chandra

 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 June 2013

The subscriiber has to inform to disconnect in writing. Then in will be consider by the company. Have you done so ? Oral information may not consider any authority.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 June 2013


You have posted that:


Now after I got April bill I called up agian the operator and threatened them to disconnect to which they took the compalint and disconnect it.


The company has accepted the instruction (given by you) on phone this time, to disconnect.


The company did not act on instructions (given by your parents) by phone prior to this.


The company may claim that they need instructions by subscriber (you) to disconnect and it can not accept instructions from any one else (parents).

If there is a clause to cal from registered phone number it may also be cited.


If there is no such need/clause, you may cite previous calls made to company (quote the phone numbers, date, time of calls, name of the CCE who attended the call) and clarify that company failed to act and you are not at fault. You can also demand the call log data/call recordings from company.


Customer should always demand complaint/transaction number


Do your home work and reply to the legal notice.


If the need be escalate to MD, Company Secretary, CEO. The contact details might be available at web site of the company or on the bill.




Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     21 June 2013

Normally private telephone operators do these type of tricks.  You should be alert, otherwise they will hack you.  Even if you complaint orally, they have to disconnect the telephone.  But the company is money minded, they will try to escape from disconnecting as they will get profit.  You should have send registered post or should have personel visit and would have taken acknowledgement of disconnection letter.  

Anyway Rs.550/- is huge amount.  As you have not made any calls, i think the minimum rental will be only Rs.200/- Pay only that much otherwise go for Consumer case. 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query