Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adam tudor   31 July 2015

Non delivery of notice, ex parte divorce, hindu marriage

Dear Experts

Good day.

I had an arranged marriage which was also registered.

Now, I understand from friends that, my wife who has deserted me some years ago, is trying to get an exparte divorce with huge alimony. I did not receive any notice. Will the case be decreed ex parte ? What happens to both divorce and alimony when husband does not attend case, husband did not receive notice ? can court just decide based on one sided version, just because notice was posted . I have not attended the court or not attended police station or any lawyer's office on this case.

What is the normal procedure in such cases where only one party has filed the case, the other party has not attended court ?  can the decree be granted against the absent party ? can husband's porperty be attached and auctioned ? if so what is the procedure before attaching etc ? How long does it take ?

What is considered proper delivery of notice to husband ? / opposite party ? I do not read all the news papers and magazines published at my wife's place. I am currently on a tour + training trip, which I can prove thru official records. So what happens in such cases ? can ex parte decree be passed even on assets ? Can my assets be attached for the huge alimony amount based on such ex parte decree ?

How to follow up ? Due to my work, I cannot leave everything and search court by court. Is there any website to check all cases filed in civil cocurts / family courts ?

Here is the longer story, IF you have the time :

We hardly lived together for a few months after marriage. Soon wife started leaving my house and running away. Initially her own parents were trying to counsel her, but nothing worked. Finally, some years ago, my wife spread lies and rumours about me in my locality and deserted. In spite of repeted attempts by me to call her back she refused to come back . I suspect that she has some phyciateric / psychcological issues. I was ready and I am ready to treat her (after seeing her abnormality many times) . I gave that in writing (sent e mail long ago) saying I will treat her thru whatever best doc affordable by me. Till today I have no bad feelings on her. I know I have been cheated, because all these problems were hidden before marriage (arranged marriage), but I also see a woman (my wife) who has psyciateric issues , my beloved wife who is hiding such issues due to whatever compulsions, So I want to help my wife. I have to help as a husband (duty), but I also want to help her as a human being (which I will also expect from others) .

However she claims she is normal though at home she was always having bouts screaming , fighting and suicide threats. Since this is not something you can find out from a blood test or urine test, since psychiatery needs full co operation by patient, and since she is not living with me, nor ready to co operate by giving past medical records, I have not succeeded in treating her

When matters were like this, I have come to know thru friends that she has filed some divorce case at some court and claims to have sent me notice. Both of us are Hindus, so it should be under Hindu law. I have not received any notice, so I do now know if this is foul play or just postal goof up (bad delivery) . I repeat, I have not received any notice.

The more I read on the net, the more I am confused, so seeking help

Thanks in advance and GOD bless all those who can advise me

Adam (pen name)

Learning

3 Replies

adam tudor   01 August 2015

can some one please help with the above query ? thanks in advance .. best regards, Adam

deep (deep)     01 August 2015

Find out the status of case through e courts site n u will be updated wat stage case is Otherwise, wait for summons

adam tudor   01 August 2015

Dear Victim

I tried the e courts web site, but could NOT locate the exact link for family court case status

do you have the link ?

please help

thanks

regards

Adam

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register