LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRASHANT RAJPUT   14 July 2019

Non cognizable offence

How to file a non cognizable offence complaint with the concerned magistrate of the residence district?

How to find out which is the concerned magistrate?


 1 Replies

sneha jaiswal   05 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

An FIR is filed only in the case of cognizable offence and in the case of non-cognizable offenses, If a person wants to register a complaint regarding the commission of a non-cognizable offense, he/she has to first register a complaint with the magistrate having jurisdiction. There are no strict rules pertaining to the format of a complaint. A complaint can be in the form of an affidavit or a petition or a letter. After receiving the complaint, the magistrate will decide upon the issue of cognizance. If the magistrate is satisfied that a non-cognizable offense has been committed, he can order for further investigations. And the concerned magistrate is the one who is dealing that matter or carries the jurisdiction of it.


Hope It helps

Best Regards,
Sneha Jaiswal


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query