Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wanderlust (Student)     15 May 2023

No status on fir since 2 months

Dear honorable members,

My father committed suicide on March 2023 due to blackmailing, threaten and torture which started from cyber crime and then escalated to money extortion. They emptied out my father's hard earned money from bank account by forcing him to transfer them in a sum of 5 lakhs over a period of 3 months. Total money lost is close to 75 lakhs.

The police noted the criminals to be spread out from across India. They lodged an FIR but even after 1.5 months, they are not giving any update on the case saying they are swamped with other cases. When I visited the police station, they say they are sending out teams in different states of India but they should have done this as soon as they got the address of the criminals, not after 2 months. 

My question is -  How can I ensure to get regular, if not weekly updates on the case because unless and until there is no progress on the FIR, the banks won't let my mother secure any of the money left as she is the nominee. Also the police said there is no way to get the lost money but another police officer from another division said that you can get some of the money if they act quickly. I don't know what to do.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 May 2023

Since you know about how th system works hence your curiosity in this regard may not fetch an expeditious answer for your desperation.

You may have to regularly follow up with the police about it or you can send a letter through RTI act seeking the status which will alert/prompt the police to take an expeditious action on the complaint

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register