Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V Gupta (n/a)     22 September 2016

No fir for lawyer

It might not sound true but in reality police not filed FIR even of Lawyer. 


There was theft in one of my friend house which was done by his compnay to steal the recorded evidence.  But this person is even having LLB degree but not registered in bar council , not praticing and have no practical experience and I guess because of that police not filed FIR but only did NC. 


can you esteemed lawyers suggest actions from his side. 


 5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 September 2016

Make a complaint to the SP if police are not registering fir
1 Like

Lahul Hazorica (LAWYER / PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR/ DATA ANNALIST)     23 September 2016

Mr. Saravanan is right, you can even file complain case in court which shall be forwarded for investigation by the court.
1 Like

V Gupta (n/a)     23 September 2016

Thank you Mr saravanan and Lahul. 


I was shocked that if police does not register FIR  of a lawyer, what it does to normal public. 


The lawyer is saying that even if we go SP or court and police registers FIR. they will produce some roadside theif for this. There wiill not be any gain by going against police but police will harass later. Laws are good on paper but they are wonderful in relaity. 


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 September 2016

When a legally valid procedure was laid down and suggested, there is no end for doubts, suspicions and assumptions.  Either you can take the advice or leave it and explore other options known to you.

ANIL KUMAR (Advocte)     23 September 2016

Question -1  sir pls let me know can a police constable even sub inspector check the document of the vehicle  without any order or  he needs any order to check the document of the up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Question -2   is the police Act same to every state  or every state have different police Act kindly clarify it........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register