Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Citizen   06 September 2016

No area mentioned in agreement or sale deed

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Good day. In the Agreement of my apartment bought by my parents in 1991, the area of house is not mentioned in any form (neither carpet area not built-up area). The area is not mentioned in the "Sale Deed" either.

However, the carpet area of the flat has been mentioned in a "Deed of Confirmation" created much later in 2006, which was also registered with the registrar. Also, we have a society letter mentioning the super built-up area of the flat, plus the maintenance bill of the flat which mentions the super-builtup area.

I need to sell my flat now, but the buyer says that the area HAS TO BE mentioned in the original "Sale Deed" or "Agreement".

What can be done in this case? Is is not sufficient for the area to be mentioned in the registered "Deed of Confirmation" plus on the Society letter and manitenance bill?

Can I do anything more to solve this issue?

Thank you and awaiting your response.

Learning

3 Replies

Citizen   06 September 2016

Sorry, forgot to mention, the flat is in Mumbai.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     15 September 2016

1.  "Sale Deed" in conjunction with "Deed of Confirmation", is more than legally sufficient for all purposes, to enable sale of property and obtain Bank loan.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  https://www.maharashtra-society-help-forum.com 

Citizen   15 September 2016

Thank you, Mr. Agarwal. I appreciate your response.

I also have a follow up question. We had paid the Stamp Duty for our flat (which we purchased in 1991) under the Amnesty Scheme in 1996. But we are not sure if the previous owner (who owned the said flat before 1991) had paid his stamp duty when he purchased it.

Is there a way to know if he had paid? And if he had not paid it at that time, will there be a problem when we try to sell the flat?

Thank you for your response in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register