LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (Management Consultant)     08 June 2016

Nhrc vs banking ombudsman

Hi Experts,

A fraud has happened in a Nationalized Bank at AndhraPradesh. While the actual culprits were sent to a different zone far from the place of fraud, innocent low-level officers and clerks were being harassed since several months. Basically, a major coverup is designed by senior officials as they too were involved in the fraud. Affected employees have approached SHRC, but, this being a National Bank, they were suggested to approach NHRC or Banking Ombudsman. Please advise (a) what would be the most effective approach for the affected employees. (b) If NHRC is preferred option, how / whom to complain about the same from Hyderabad instead of going to Delhi.

Thanks for your advise.


 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2016

Download the proof of fraud, cover up.

In case of violation of statutory guidelines lodge complaint with RBI-baning Supervision, Governor, MOF, PM,.......................also.

Vijay (Management Consultant)     08 June 2016

Sir, There are 7 affected employees who were chargesheeted and eventually some were punished with increment cuts while some were dismissed. The main culprits who have swindled public money were happily promoted and relocated to a different zone. Entire episode was coveredup so that the bank's reputation is not tarnished, but, these affected employees lives are grossly affected. These people want justice and their jobs back and wish that the actual culprits are punished. Please help to advise if they can approach NHRC or if Banking Ombudsman can be of any help.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2016

PM LCI Experts Mr. Rajendra K Goyal, Mr. Mallipedi Jaggarao.


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 June 2016

What is the present status and investigation report by Vigilance.  First you have to file application and seek copy of such Vigilance report.

Then make a complaint to CVC and as well file grievance as an employee.  Every Bank has organisead Unions/Associations who are experts in dealing such issues and hence as you are already victimised, remain behind the veil and let those who are collecting monthly The subscripttions regularly from your salary, take the lead and play active role.

What do you want ?  What is the issue ?

If you are innocent and was dragged into the issue you can fight it out.

If you are not innocent but Bank has proceeded, and let out some persons (May be value of their past contribution and experties or some other considerations in involving superior officers) is your grievance, then you can not question Bank Management.

The Apex court has ruled that the disciplinary proceedings are in between employer and employee and there is no larger public interest involved in such thins.  (Personally, I do not contribute, but SC Judgment for all purposes is final)

It is not possible to expect proper guidance from a forum with three or four sentences information in case of a large fraud and without knowing facts.  Your Union/Association is competent to do this during your working , as you can not fight with a Bank having men, money and machinery.


1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 June 2016

If a chargesheet has been issued, then the inquiry needs to be met on merits. NHRC has no jurisdiction to interfere. Also, please do not place too much trust or hope CVC esp. its Commissioner for Departmental Inquiry (CDI).

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 June 2016

Expert Mr. P. Venu has given valuable advise.

LCI Experts Mr. P. Venu ,Mr. Rajendra K Goyal, Mr. Mallipedi Jaggarao, Mr. Sudhir Kumar, Mr. P.S.Dhingra can counsel you wisely.

You can benefit from their advise.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register