Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant garg (no)     02 July 2012

New passport application

Dear all,

I am new to this forum and and the same time, want your valuable clarification to a query reg: Renewal of passport.

I was charged with Shanti Bhang (I don't know clause) couple of years back and i got bailed.

Now, I want to apply for new passport and there is a clause which says "Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or any arrest warrant/ summon pending before a court of India?" Yes/NO.

What should I say?? Yes/No...

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 July 2012

Please give correct information. So that it is easy to police dept. to give police clearance certificate at early.

(Guest)

Dear  Prashant,

You can apply for passport. I understand that there is a offence that was registered as against you i.e. Shanti Bhang. Specify the same as to what Adv. Rama has said, cause you cant hide it. However, once you submit your application, the same shall be sent for scrutiny to Crime Branch. There is a notification of 1993 issued by Ministry of External Affiars which says and speaks about issuance of Passport to persons against whom offences are registered.

I hope this clarifies your query. In case of any further assistance, feel free to communicate.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register