Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anurag (Self Employed)     24 April 2013

Neighbour's peeping into my bedroom and harassing us

Hello Friends,

am in need of desperate help facing a peculiar problem. . We are a family of three (Elder Brother, Mother and me) and live in an apartment in 1st floor. We all sleep in the same bedroom and she is a heart patient. We have already lost our father because of heart attack.So we dont let our mother to sleep alone. My Neighbours who live in the next block can easily look into our bedroom  through the terrace or through their bedroom.The distance between my block and theirs is 2 feet. 

Now coming to the point .

For the last 2 months 6 people ( 2 couples and 2 Bachlor's one them working in a news channel have started peeping into our bedroom and pass comments about us. That she is sleeping in the same bedroom with grown up sons. The bachelors too have started looking into the windows when my mother changes cloths. I tried to block the window using screen and cardboard sheet. But still they are using some gadget  to see thru the blocked  window and comment .

The timing of peeping into the windows are.

1) As soon as we go to sleep. We hear wishpering noises from the terrace .The bachlors use the gadget to see into our bedroom and comment.

2) Around 4 -4.30 AM in the morning ( They wake up early to switch  on the water motor ) .1 couple come to the terrace of their  block and peep into the bedroom . (I suspect all them share the same gadget).

3) Another old  couple between 8 - 9 am in the morning .

Because of this behaviour of our neighbours.It is causng mental agony to us. Pls advice how to  tackel this issue and what sort of evidence is needed to charge them for their behaviour. If we hire detective and record A/V evidence will it stand in the court.

Please help me.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     24 April 2013

1. Discuss with your mother the social nuisance family is facing and private remedy already in place but short term it is as it is your own house and where one is not supposed to live with curtains on 24x7 and advice her that she should help other family members in filing a Police Complaint as herself being Complainant against the alleged acts of neighbours.

If she agrees then consult a Criminal Law practicing Advocate and advice to file a Complaint pressing to lodge FIR under S. 354 C and 354 D IPC for punishment against neighbours alleged acts of voyeurism and stalking which are infact serious offences now under the Criminal law (Amendement) 2013..

Once this Complaint is diary entered Police is bound to do enquiry against the neighbours.

That will set the wheel of Law in motion against such social peeping toms once for all.

However do mention her medical conditions and facts to the point in Complaint.

1 Like

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     25 April 2013

Dear Anurag,

I totally agree with the above mentioned view , moreover add section 425 (Mischief), 506(Criminal Intimidation) and 509 (Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) alongwith above mentioned section. Please make sure that complaint be properly drafted by experienced advocate  and your mother should be complainant. You will immediately get relief or you call 100 no / women helpline. Police had to take action then.

Please feel free to contact on my mail id / mobile no.

Regards

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Bhasin & Associates

bhasin.laws@yahoo.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register