LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Humendra Gupta (consultant)     27 January 2011

Need to recover dues from MNC employer

1.       Was employed by a nasdaq listed company  which acquired company in India . They made some losses in their venture so they arbitrarily closed operation out of Mumbai, India. They owe employees including me salary dues amounting to about $25000 individually spread over a year. Overall over 50 employees have not been paid to tune of about half million dollars. Recently company has lost a legal battle need to pay $61 million for lack of governance.

2.      HR had confirmed their liability towards payment of the salaries and that they would  pay the dues  via email (have proof). However over 3 months have passed since and  still they have not paid after commitment

3.       Need help to recover my dues





 5 Replies

Vibhor Verdhan (Lawyer)     28 January 2011

Dear Humendra,

Kindly provide me the detailed information on;

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     29 January 2011

since cause of action was accrued within the jurisdiction of Mumbai thus Mumbai Courts and authorities have jurisdiction. The employees can complaint the concerned labour office for taking necessary actions against the company  under the various laws. Those, who were holding managerial and administrative post can file their suit for recovery of amount in the Civil Court having jurisdiction. . 

Humendra Gupta (consultant)     31 January 2011

They have closed Mumbai office, however the associate company continues to operate in Bangalore.
Can we get a stay? file 420 or other non bailable case for cheating?

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     01 February 2011

closing of office will not affect the jurisdiction. you can fille case within this jurisdiction giving present address of your employer.

Mallik Karra (Done with AIBE)     01 February 2011

Kirti Sir,


one clarification, per Humendra it is an MNC and based on the salary details quoted i do not think labour office would be of any help but they may habe to approach the civil court.... not sure what "MH shops & establishments act says"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query