LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thakkar Meet   03 July 2020

Need to know which provision will be helpful incase someone slaps you?

my friends wants to sue his brother because he slaps him but he didn't know the provision related to this act done by his brother,which provision should be applicable for such kind of act.


 1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     03 July 2020

1. You can file a Police FIR, requesting investigation and charge-sheet, for offences like Intimidation, Mischief etc.... against the person, supported with all relevant supporting Documents, Evidences & Witnesses.

2.  IF the Police does not take action, THEN you can file private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file charge sheet.  The said Person may come down for settlement.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query