LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil (student)     09 October 2013

Need suggestion

hello, i am Nikhil singh born in maharastra but a resident of bangalore from past 21 years. Recently i faced an issue while making my passport in bangalore. As my birth certificate is from maharastra, in my birth certificate they have mis-spelled my father's surname as JVHERI which is supposed to be spelled as JOHARI. when i asked the authority they said that in their record it is written as same and cannot be changed. so what can be done in this situation?... kindly suggest me 

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 October 2013

If you want to change the name of your father in your birth certificate, you have to file a suit in the civil court seeking the relief and a direction to the concerned authorities to correct the name of your father.  To file a suit, for the purpose of territorial jurisdiction, you have to file the suit within the locality of your father's birth place.

v.madhusudhan (owner)     11 October 2013

HELLO SIR,

MY NAME IS V. MADHU FROM HYDERABAD, I HAVE TAKEN HAND LOAN FROM FEW PERSONS. OF RS> 4 LKS , DUE TO LOSS IN MY BUSINESS I AM UNABLE TO PAY THEIR AMOUNT BACK, UPTO THIS DATE I HAVE GIVEN MONTHY INTEREST TO THEM.,  BUT NOW THEY ARE FORCING TO GIVE ME TOTAL AMOUNT . I DON'T HAVE ANY OPTION TO GIVE THEIR MONEY BACK FOR 6 MONTHS. FOR SURITY THEY HAVE TAKEN EMPTY BANK CHEQUE FOR THIS AMOUNTS, WHAT SHOULD I DO KNOW, I HAVE TOW KIDS, I AM 40 YEARS OLD. DUE TO THIS I AM GETTING HEAVY TENSION WHICH IS EFFECTING MY BODY. PLEASE GIVE ME NEEDFUL SUGGESTION.  WHETHER I SHOULD GO FOR IP.  I AM HAVING GOOD NAME  IN MY PLACE, THANK YOU.

Pooja Gupta (software enginner)     11 October 2013

Hi , 

My name is Pooja Gupta 

I am buying a flat from a private builder I will provide you with all details of the property 

can you let me know is his valid details or not i wil lpay you online whatever is your fees 

is this possible

or provide me with your contact details I will call you 

Regards,

Pooja

N Mohan (Advocate)     24 October 2013

Mr.Nikhil,

As the spelling is committed by the registering authorities, you may  approach the concerned municipality etc. with the proof of your father's name and necessary proof showing your grievance and the genuineness of the same.     You personally approach the authorities with the letter detailing that the mistake in the spelling of your father is committed by the local body and this should be corrected by themselves and to issue a fresh corrected birth certificate.    It is possible.   You may get the reply of your request under RTI   Act.     As the legal procedure is time consuming one, the authority can rectify their own mistake.   

N Mohan (Advocate)     24 October 2013

Mr.Nikhil,

As the spelling mistake is committed by the registering authorities, you may  approach the concerned municipality etc. with the proof of your father's name and necessary proof showing your grievance and the genuineness of the same.     You personally approach the authorities with the letter detailing that the mistake in the spelling of your father is committed by the local body/registering authority, this should be corrected by themselves and to issue a fresh corrected birth certificate.    It is possible.   You may get the reply of your request under RTI   Act.     As the legal procedure is time consuming one, the authority can rectify their own mistake.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register