LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipangkar (Business)     10 June 2011

Need some advices regarding money lent to a friend

I lent a friend Rs.60,000/- four years back. No documents exists between us.  I didn't lend him the money to earn interest against it, but for the sake of helping him in his troublesome days.

4 years had passed, He seems to be NOT even self-motivated in returning the money or any part of it.

So now i am thinking of making a document about it between us. He cannot refuse me to sign up the document.

So I need a formal format (if such one exists). Any help will be appreciated.

Will the document be valid if i make it on a white paper, sticking a revinue stamp on it, or does it need any type of other stamps/Dalil/Regd documents ?

Love & Thanks.


 3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 June 2011

It requires hand loan chit.  If he agrees to issue the cheuqe then you can go for it along with the hand loan chit.

1 Like

Sandeep Bhargava (Advocate & Notary)     11 June 2011

Best way is to get a cheque from your friend as suggested by rajeev ji

1 Like

Dipangkar (Business)     12 June 2011

Thanks a lot adv. Rajeev & Sandeep Bhargava for your prompt replies & help.

Please clearify a "hand loan chit".

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register