Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hopeful001 (professional)     27 January 2014

Need help to restore marital rights

Hi

I m an IT professional and I got married on May 2011, Marriage life was going good till a year, After that my husband moved abroad, and after 6 months, he took me there through dependant visa. I resigned my job with 5 years experience and moved along with him. He argued with me for many trivial issues related to household work  and within two weeks he sent me back to India without my consent. Even though I have not done anything wrong and was dedicated to him. I came here with the hope that he will take me back. I was conceived subsequently and intimated him. He was happy that time, but as days passed, he did not even attend my phone calls and blocked me in skype, facebook and all. My father has gone to my inlaws home for mediation but they have ill-treated my father. I was staying at my husband 's home(inwhich he owned)and came to maternal home for delivery. Even after baby was born, they did not talk, moreover heard from their relatives that they believed in horoscope and trying for re-marriage.While I have been to husband s home with baby, to my shock, my inlaws have broken the lock that we locked and fixed camera and changed the property rights from my husband to my mother-in-law and my husband(both shared), still all household items are in that home are gifted by my father during marriage. The petition he has filed seems to be petty that  I do not cook, I do not do household work, he also raised many false statements like I threaten for suicide and all which is completely false.I have carried out all my duties well but dont know why and what made him to take this stern decision.

Do my child and mine have rights to stay at my husband's home, I wish to restore my marital rights, I love my husband and feel that I and child should be with him always. Please guide.

Learning

2 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     28 January 2014

@ sufferer, 

remove prejudiced glasses.

@ the author, 

try to solve the dispute amicably. going through the legal process will make the relations even more bitter and reunion would be impossible. take the help of mediators. if all personal efforts fail, then legal way out is always there.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 January 2014

Has he filed a divorce case  and is it pending?What is the status of the case?, whether you both were referred for counseling with mediator?  Did you express your above feelings before the mediator?  I think you can look for solution in the mediation session itself or you will not get any solution from your adamant and  unwilling husband.  You and your child have got full rights to stay in the matrimonial house because you are still not divorced and are his wife.  He is duty bound to maintain you.  Alternately you can file a maintenance case seeking maintenance amount for both yourself and your child and domestic violence case seeking residence protection.  Consult your lawyer and proceed accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register