Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ananya rai (student)     22 September 2013

Need help to disown family

Hello everyone,

I request you

I am 21yrs old, residing in gujarat. Recently my parents found out about my live in relationship with my boyfriend. They tricked me and brought me home. Since then I am under house arrest. They are pressurizing me to marry someone else. they have also threatened to harm my boyfriend. I want to go back to my boyfriend but they have threatened us. Even if we marry, they will not let us live in peace and since they have all of my documents, we cannot marry legally. They can easily bribe the police since my parents are too powerful. Can I disown my family and lead my life in a way I want? If yes, what is the procedure? Apart from disowning, is there any other way through which i can protect both of us,. I am afraid that if matters are handed over to the police, they will hand over my custody to my parents because we cannot get married without the documents. My boyfriend is ready to help me with whatever he can. Please advice.

Thank you

Learning

10 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     22 September 2013

Your parents are your well wishers and experienced in life than you..You should obey them.Think of your future.Is your boyfriend financially independent?

If so and if you have 101% confidence on him then get married to him in a  Arya Samaj Mandir then Shift to a different city.

(Guest)

@ Ananya,

There is no any prupose to loose hope and become coward , If you really love him and want to settle your future along with him, you have trust on him rather than mere attraction, then please don't look back.....just revolt against you house arrest.

Proceed to your nearest police station and lodge a complaint of house arrest as you are very much major..crossed your 18 years,you have universal right to choose your own partner,No law can restrict your willingness.

But anyhow you have to be bold and never ditch your love,because once you come on backfoot your BF will be in mess,so my sincere request to you if you have courage to hold his hand till last breath then only proceed or else just forget him...

This is not a single episode love story.....

You have to face cruelities from you parents but be calm and patience as time heals everything.

Just have your words with your partner and ask him to hire a capable constitutional lawyer..

He can also file HCP in HC to seek the relief.

I don't guess any hurdle for you to contact him or you could not consult any advocate related to this......bcz if you can post your query Online then you can do everything...It's not a big task for you. as far as you are pertaining.

I repeat my sincere request again.........Don't ditch him in the midway......if you have doubt then please move backward and don't dare to ruin anybody's life ahead.

Best of Luck..!!

regards.

(Guest)

I suggest, you marry someone whom your parents show you.

All this livin relationship is lafda.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 September 2013

You have attained the age of majority and hence you can live of your choice, it is your fundamental right and you have constitutional protection for it;  if your local police is in collusion with your parents, approach the higher Police Officer of the Collector, nobody can stop you from going ahead in your way you feel right  

I do understand that this is not a one episode love sotry. I have calculated the pros and cons of marrying the man i love. I am not taking a momentary decision. Since i have lived with him, I do realise what sacrifices it takes to be a good wife. And its been more than 3 months since the day i was house arrested. And even today we still love each other in the same way..well honestly, we not only love each other, but also our families. And we tried everythin to convince them I never wanted to spoil their reputation in the society, but since they have started threatening us, we are forced to take such steps. I want to marry him and I know that we will do everything to spend our lives together. I am afraid of the police, since they can be bribed easily. Is there a way where we can seek help from any women's cell or court?

What will be the procedure if i want to proceed wit being independent and cutting my ties with my family? Where do i have to start?

(Guest)

In this matter police can't do anything even if it is bribed also because of the following things:

1. Your age can't be falisify by your parent's that you are less than 18 years as you have number of way's to proove that you are major and very much eligible to take your life's decision.

2. If police do anything harshly then you can use article 226 and 330 IPC against them.

3. It's totally a matter of Human right's and Fundamental right's.They can't forcefully confined you and refrained you not to achieve your those Right's.

4. You can take help of Mahila Helpline Of your city. Just google down and take her number.

5. You can also proceed to human right's commission and women right's/welfare commission.

6. You can also proceed to CAW Cell or call them for help.

See,it all depend's on you as what you want from your life,,,so,that in next few year's you don't regret that i have done a blunder mistake.

Before coming to any decision please look for all who are involved by your steps and never go backward after the decision. But same time don't ignore your feeling's and what your heart say's with accordance to your brain...

"Alway's Listen to your Heart but never ignore your Brain"

Ranee....... (NA)     22 September 2013

I know a marwari girl near my native was house arrested for three years for having affair with a bengali boy.Now They are fighting divorce after 5 years in court filed by the hubby to marry another girl.

(Guest)

The thought of disownment is directly implicating your immature thinking.:)))

Never think like that as this will not solve your problem whereas it will make you loose much more things.

No parent's do Honour killing for such child who has Boldness and have courage to face media,society and their parent's.

So, it is higly recommendable to do have talk with your parents first and make them convince if they don't agree then other solution for you is have a mediation with the help of Mahila thana or Mahila helpine and make your parent's do understand what they are doing is beyond constitutional Law.

Ask your BF to send his parent's to have a talk with your parent's and convince them,Tell your BF to come infront and convince your parent's that he is capable to hold your hand's and he will never dissapoint your parent's on their thought's that her daughter married to him. He will give you a very happy life and moreover you too will be the happiest women on the earth.

great india (manager)     22 September 2013

I think ranee is right.. See u had a live in its like wham bam thank you mam But later even if any slightest problem aruses between you two.. Any family support frim your side goes off... Then who helps you that is the point.. Laws are female favoring but takes time.... First think of cons then the pros.... Myself had a same situ like you now facing all civil and criminal cases.... Still gud luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register