Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anup Datta   03 November 2015

Need help of a lawyer to understand the rules

Respected Sir,

This is to inform you that to prepare merit list of Regional Rural Bank Recruitment for same score I have found in the advertisement of IBPS CWE RRB IV that "In the event of two or more candidates having obtained the same score, merit order is decided as per date of birth (the candidate senior in age is placed before/above the candidate junior in age), as per the prevailing practice". 
My Queries are:- 
(a) I would like to know the source of this rule. Does government provide any circular regarding this rule?
(b) Also please mention from which year this rule was following for Regional Rural Bank recruitment?
(c) Does individual Regional Rural Bank has power to prepare merit list for same score without considering Date of birth?

Thanks & Regards
Anup Datta

Learning

4 Replies

siddhartha sinha   03 November 2015

IBPS is not governed by the government either at the union or state. It is governed by a separate governing body. In matters of policies it has aboslute autonomy. Moreover the same tie breaking rules are applied for all the upsc and ssc exams also. When did it start is difficult to answer. If RRB's take their interview separately each bank can apply own rules at this stage. If there is a common interview then same rule applies to all

Anup Datta   04 November 2015

Dear Siddhartha Sir,

I am aware IBPS is a a separate governing body. However, they followed the mandate provided by the participating banks. RRB's recruitment policy is issued by Financial Services, Central Govt. My question is can individual RRB adopt different rules other than date of birth to break the tie (in case bank is taking the interview process)? If so what other rules they may follow? Is there any guidelines provided to RRB's or empowered to RRB's recruitment board?

Thanks & Regards

Anup Datta

siddhartha sinha   04 November 2015

Yes.If banks are taking separate interviews, they can have their own criteria(but not different from what is declared by them already).The rules to be followed are the ones which banks mention in official notification. Recruitment process of a regional rural bank is supervised by the sponsor bank. Union govt. does not provide any specific guidelines on this issue. Some reputed govt. exams prioritise even on basis of roll number in case of tie.

Anup Datta   07 November 2015

Dear Siddhartha Sir, Thank you for your reply. But problem is that they did not mentioned anything in the notification, what to do in case of tie. When asked through RTI, they told me they gave preference Academic Qualification, but person just joined the bank is having graduate degree (BTech) whereas I am having post graduate degree and also I am senior in age to the last person joined. So, I need to clarify the rules. What you think on this? Please give me your valuable input on this. Thanks & Regards Anup Datta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register