Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (Owner)     10 April 2013

Need help in filing a complaint in ho'ble bar council

Hello friends,

  I am in need your sincere advice on the follwing topic. I would brief you with my incident below:

I had met with an accident four years before. When I was at the hospital for medication, a lawyer had approached me and said that he has the expertise to fight for medio logical cases  and would be collecting his professional fee after the judgement and the final disbursement of the compensation. He demanded 15% as his professional fee out of the final disbursement amount.

He filed the case in the lower court against the insurance company and after 2 years the lower court gave the judgement of Rs 10 Lakhs as compensation. The insurance company went for appeal to the  high court and the matter is pending in the high court.

As a respect to the judgment of the lower court, hon'ble high court ordered 50% of the award amount (5 Lakhs) to be disbursed immedietly after which the case is pending in Hon'ble high court.

The advocate asked me to come to his office before going to collect the cheque from the high court. He asked me to sign on some documents and justified that this is a court formality before receiving the cheque. I also blindly signed all the documents since I had immense trust in him.

After collecting the cheque of Rs 5Lakh from the court, my advocate asked me to handover the cheque to him and siad that it will be with him as security and after deducting the 15% professional fee he would handover the cheque to me. He asked me to come the next morning.

The next day when I went  he changed his tone and gave Rs 50,000 to me and said that he will pay the ramaining amount in next few weeks.

After that he never answered my call. One day I went to his office and requested him to pay the remaining amount due frokm his side for which he abused me and demanded money from my side else he will flip the case against me.

I filed a complaint in the Hon'ble Consumer forum and BAR council. In the consumer forum for exploitation of consumer and in BAR council for his professional misconduct.

Last week in the consumer forum, I have filed an affidavid to refund the balance amount with interest. Next week, I need to file an affidavid in Ho'ble BAR council. 

Can I request for monetory loss in BAR council too in my affidavit? If I win the case in the forum where the judgement comes first, I think, he can always produce the recipt  infront of  the other forum.

Could someone give their feedback since I need to file my affidavit in Hon'ble BAR council this week.




 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query