Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek Malik (prop)     27 January 2014

Need help

Hi  i need  help on following topic 

We  3  people  registered a private limited firm 

after one year  i resigned from the company and sold my share to other partners

after one year  four police case registered against the company .

i want  to know  that  am i liable to any thing in the company  when i left the company  a year back

Learning

4 Replies

Munir Shaikh (Advocate)     28 January 2014

Whatever company or firm do is preclude that it was done by its partner or director and if the crime has been made during your tenure then you might be get difficulties... To constitute crime mens area (guilty mind) is important and if you have had guilty mind then you are liable

Munir Shaikh (Advocate)     28 January 2014

Whatever company or firm do is preclude that it was done by its partner or director and if the crime has been made during your tenure then you might be get difficulties... To constitute crime mens area (guilty mind) is important and if you have had guilty mind then you are liable

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     28 January 2014

Dear Vivek,

Directors are vicariously liable for the acts and deeds of the company. As mentioned by you that you have resigned from the company a year back then you must have copy of the resignation letter and form submitted before the Registrar of companies to show your bonafides otherwise you have to face the consequences.

Rajiv Bhasin 

Advocate 

Bhasin Legal Consultants

SOLICITORS AND ADVOCATES

www.bhasinlegalconsultants.com

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     29 January 2014

Dear Querist its depend on the case, when the incident was happen, it is important, if the incident is after your resign then you are not liable. feel free to call

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register