LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kizza (AIA)     21 July 2010

Need Help

How can police cancel a case based on the woman being married and divorced?  The culprit admitted to what he did but the police cancelled because they said the victim had been married before and divorced.  Her marital status has nothing to do with the case.  The man did obscene things but they cancel this case because she is a divorcee.  is this what police can do?


 3 Replies

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     21 July 2010

Can u be a little specific ..... what do u mean .... did the police refuse to register a case against someone who did obscene things with a lady who was found out to be married and divorced ..... be precise please for us to help u out .............

Kizza (AIA)     21 July 2010

The case was filed FIR.  

There were 3 victims in total. 2 of which are married. Both divorced.  The man (culprit) did obscene acts against them in electronic form which made them file the complaint  through insistance of their families.   But the police investigation says its canceled now because the woman are divorcee's.  That was their reason.  Also the women don't live in the India.  The man does.

Kizza (AIA)     21 July 2010

17 views and no replies, can some one pls answer?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register