I am presently working in Maharashtra and in need of help on the below topic.
1) Is it mandatory to have a signature of authorised person on the salary slip of workers?
2) What are the registers mandatory to be maintained as per labour laws.
3) Is it mandatory to mention Form X on the ID card.
4) My contractors are registered in other states where Professional tax is not mandatory so do they need to register for Professional tax in maharashtra however they dont have any registration in maharashtra.
5) PT needs to be deducted from the salary of workers or it needs to be absorbed by employer.
6) Is it mandatory to pay MLWF eventhough the contractor is paying LWF for other state where they are registered.
7) If the workers are covered under ESIC do they need to be covered under WC policy too.
8) Is it mandatory to pay mediclaim to the workers who are not covered under ESIC (salary beyond 21000)
9) Can the PF be waved off if the consolidated salary of a person is more than 15000.
10) Can the salary be paid in cash or is it mandatory to be deposited in bank account only. Can a bearer cheque be issued on the name of worker (not account payee).
11) If we consider a month from 15th to 15th then the salary is done by 20th can this be acceptable as per maharashra labour law.
12) What are the total no. of Overtime hours a person can work in an Year/Quarter/Month.
13) If the contractor has not paid ESIC / PF/ MLWF/ PT is it the responsibility of principal employer to pay it on behalf? in that case teh PF and ESIC no. will differ and how it can be justified.