LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varun (student)     01 June 2013

Name change??

Hi Guys,

Need quick help.

I have to apply for passport. They need below documents which i have:

1) DOB certificate>> School leaving certificate.

2)Present address certificate: Voter ID card.

In school leaving certificate my name is printed as >> VARUN

in Voter ID my name is >> Varun Singh

I want "VARUN SINGH" in passport.


IS there anything I need to do before applying? Or should I go straight with "VARUN SINGH" 

Please help. I will really appreciate a comment :)


 4 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 June 2013

for name change you have to obtain GAZATTE PUBLICATION from the government and a paper publication that so and so name changed

but in your case date of birth certificate is wrong and voter id is correct.

submit an affidavit inthe municpal corporation office to get a new brith certificate to mention a full name and obtain 

1 Like

varun (student)     01 June 2013

Thanks Mahesh for reply... Really appreciate!! :) Further at present I dont have birth Certificate and as my date of birth is before 1989, so for passport my school leaving certificate will work as birth certificate.

With all above information let me reframe my question:

What should I do to obtain a passport with name as"Varun Singh" providing the documents which I have?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 June 2013

if you have birth certificte means you can take affidavit of full name but without birth certificate means you have to provide the reason why you have not taken the birth certificate and enquire with municipal office 

senthilkumar (je )     12 June 2013

Dear Sir ;

                i am living in chennai i married lady she was already  one 3 year old child get it now the child father name change my name what is the processor  sir please help me sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register