LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhijit Sarkar   15 May 2019

my PSU company not providing NOC

I'm working in a PSU and on probation period. I have a bond of 3 years and will be completing my bond period in exactly 1month. I have been selected in another PSU in higher post and they are asking NOC from my present employer. I have applied for NOC but not getting any proper response from them. Last date to provide NOC is within 7 days. What shall I do?

Learning

7 Replies

Abhijit Sarkar   16 May 2019

I forgot to mention that I have cleared my probation exam both written and interview but they are say that I have to clear twice (both written & interview) to be eligible to confirmation. My PSU has a history of terminating probationers. Should I wait for my present PSU to terminate me and become a jobless or try in some other PSU if my present PSU don't understand my potential.

Moreover in my bond it is nowhere mention that I'll not be provided NOC during bond period. If even if break bond there is an option for payout. As my bond is going to complete in one month, and if selected then it will another 4-5 months. I'm nowhere breaking and terms & conditions of the company.

Mr. OM Prakash, it will a foolish to call me an opportunist. Let me tell me about brief history of my company. I was working as Sr. Engr in a private organization. I joined as experienced/certified professional. The post was Deputy Manager. After joining I came to know that my company fired a Dy Mgr during probation period who was working very good. Even GM also wrote letter not to terminate him but nobody listened. He was terminated. I gave my 1st intermediate exam and cleared my written but on interview they asked field related question though I work at office. Even my answers were not wrong but they were expecting same answers which were on their minds. They failed me. I have spent sleepless nights thinking about my future. Nobody bothered to ask about my condition except feeling pity. Then came 2nd round of exam, I cleared written and this time on interview they asked me about my work profile in the company which I answered very well. This time they cleared my exam. Still my company wants 3rd round to clear my probation exam. In the mean while other PSU opening happened. I gave the exam and cleared written. Now NOC is required. Please tell me should I wait for my company to terminate if I couldn't clear my exam or look after other job if they don't understand my potential. And by the way don't try to relate me with Mamta Banerjee.

Mr. OM Prakash, cannot be a lawyer as without listening a story completely gave his judgement based on geographical location. I don't expect any answer from Mr. OM Whosoever Prakash. Thank you but no thanks.

I am not expecting answer of my choice. Please read my question carefully "What shall I do?". Is taking precaution of my job a crime? If I'm that important for my company then why am I still in probation? And now when I got any opportunity, all of a sudden I become important asset. What if they fail me in interview again? I'll lost my current job and current opportunity too. Who'll be held responsible about my joblessness?

I have joined a company for doing work and not to give exam time after time like in university. Potential of a candidate can be judged in 3 months time and not 3 years.

Abhijit Sarkar   17 May 2019

Thank you for sharing your life experience. Is it a crime to be on a safer side? If a company don't recognize your potential after 3 years and the employee is feeling insecure about his future in the present company, what is the fault when he gets a chance outside the company? Why is the company not giving NOC to leave. One more thing in my company policy it is nowhere mention that one cannot take leave to cast his vote but there is a provision which states that constitution allows paid leave to cast their vote during election. The same applies here, if it is not written that during probation period they will provide NOC then on this lawyers platform I'm asking if there is any provision I can do anything because lawyers are best person to guide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register