LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Needs Advice (Data Entry Optr)     30 June 2014

My maint case crps 125 and section 9

sir me having maint case filed by wife in last year July 2013 still i am not paying her any maint and my lawyers always issue me a date,  when i come my wife side wale not come and when they come i am not informed now my lawyer is saying u having argument (bahas) with opp. party vakil for maint and my lawyer had also put an affidavit regarding bahas for maint in court, why so late no result i am totally puzzled waste of my time and money both. please give me the direction which is correct for me. Yes me also filed section 9  in the court and where we both meet in the court. but in maint case not in single date. I do not know what in lawyer mind. yes girl wala side asking for rs ten lakh for giving divorce which is not possible for me. I filed the WS last year for maint process is now going on after one year. I am earning rs. 12000 per month how much maint i have to give and what should i do should i change the lawyer or any other step i should have. I am confused and very much in depression after marriage.yes no dowry case and sec 498 filed by them.


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 June 2014

Maintenance is the amount which a husband is under an obligation to make to a wife either during the subsistence of the marriage or upon separation or divorce, under certain circumstances. At this point of time I would also like to mention that according to my understanding maintenance not only includes basic necessities like food, clothing and residence but it also includes the things necessary for comfort and status in which the person entitled is reasonably expected to live. [1] According to me the main aim of providing maintenance is that the wife should not be left destitute on separation or divorce from her husband. In a laymen’s term maintenance are those things which are indispensible for the survival of human being. If wife is working women, then no need to pay any maintenance. In case of children, you have to pay as per court guidance.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     30 June 2014

Better you change a lawyer as you are not informed of the hearing dates properly.

Further, any husband have to maintain his wife even he is not capable of earning.

Also make arrangements for clubbing both the cases, so that, you can have trial at the same time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register