Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rana (Other)     27 February 2014

My father in law giving threatning of 498a

HI 

I am married in may 2013 with a girl from Haryana and i m from delhi she is well educated her father is working in Haryana police and My father is also in Delhi police 

after marriage i got to know that my wife had a neurological injury in her forhead she fell from terrace in childhood she was operated about 12 hours in safdarjung but when i discuss this thing to her father he became angry and trying to threaten me after that there are some misunderstanding between me and my wife like any other couple. so one day near diwali of 2013 my mother made a call to my Father in law and she tol him that your daughter has become mad. at that time she was slapping herself and hitting her forehead to the bed after that her father send hi son to my house to take her to their house house in haryana at that time i told her no to go today will send you tommorow when all matter will clear she denied and went after that on same day at evening her father abused my mother and threat her about puttng application in police and all about dowry law and abuse her badly but somehow next day i talked to her father and solve the matter and after 10 days she came to my home again and all work fine 

But now before some day she told me that she have to attend her college classes and she will staty one night at her home and be back after that but she did not come i talked over phone to her she told me that her father denied to send her so i asked to her father and mother they told me to come their home they want to talk 

next day her mama(her mother's brother) called me and told me that there is no need to come at their place but i went to their place and asked about problem they told me the my mother is taunting her again and again so i told them that we will live far away from my mother and father and discussed all the old matter all thing are solved now when i talked to her he is threatning me of dowry law and i have all recording of last day conversation 

Kindly suggest me what should i do 

Learning

2 Replies

Sujith (Asst Commercial Officer)     27 February 2014

before they file dowry case against you.you have to file rcr against her.then nothing will happen.contact a local lawyer in your area.

nikhil singh (Advocate)     27 February 2014

Nothing to worry, nothing is going to happen to you and your family. Both the families know the dowry law. Better keep the recording with you and make a copy of it. If your in laws file the dowry case then that i can be used as evidence. File divorce case as early as possible. For further assitance you may come down to my office.

Nikhil Singh
Associate, Law Consults
'LawCon House', D-61, East of Kailash
New Delhi - 110065
https://www.law-consults.com
https://www.lawinc.in
+917838078186+919352444446

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register