Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (Personal)     17 January 2015

Mututaion of plot

My query is, I bought plot in Nagpur in Aug-2014 & did plot registry
in Hingna Tah Office Nagpur, but so far not yet done mutation (plot on my name)
from Patwari.

The middle man (agent), keep promising me that mutation will be done shortly since Aug-2014.
I want to know whether mutation is compulsory & is their any time limit.

Also, is there any chances to do registry of plot by third party without my knowledge
if mutation is not done (original registry copy is with me).

Only I am worried during last 4 months (from Aug 2014),
anybody could do registry without my knowledge?

Waiting for your favourable reply.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anand

Learning

8 Replies

naveen arya (member)     17 January 2015

Mr Anand Mutation is very much important. If mutation is on another person name he can sell it without your knowledge. Lateron you will have to go to court.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     17 January 2015

There is no time limit for done mutation of the property but it will be better if it is done just after the registery , otherwise the seller can re- sell it and afterwards you have to goround to police and court for registering and fighting the case of fraud done by the seller with you .

Anand (Personal)     17 January 2015

Thanks 

Even original registry document & seller original copy is available with me, seller could re-sell plot from 7/1 2 (mutation copy) ?

I am staying outside India, after registry, I signed the form for mutation & broker promised to get

it done. I am following with broker, but giving every time different reasons.

Regards,

Anand

Hire a local lawyer for this mutation he will do this efficiently and with responsibility.

Hire a local lawyer for this mutation he will do this efficiently and with responsibility.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     19 January 2015

Dear Client, 

The Mutation of the Property is required for establishing the revenue record up to date for the realisation of the revenue in the Government exchequer it is nothing to do with the ownership records of the property.

However, it is better to get name changed in the mutation records as soon as possible to avoid any dispute in future. As many times Registrar do not mention the Sale Deed remarks on the previous record book page of the property and on that basis coroborated with the mutation record (un changed) the previous owner get it resale to any third person without your knowledge.

It is better as soon as you get it done and have a physical possession of the property in subject which is equally important.

Anand (Personal)     19 January 2015

Special Thanks to Mr Laxmi Kant Joshi & Mr Anand Bali for answering the

query.

Regards,

Anand

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 January 2015

It is advisable that you mutate the revenue records in your name at the earliest which is in your won interest.  No doubt that the tout/broker/agent will prolong the issue this way especially when they come to know that the party is not in India/locally.  If he is not doing the job, ask him not to pursue it anymore, engage a reliable person and get it done at the earliest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register