LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MUKESH GUPTA   24 May 2022


Wife asking Rs 15 lakh as one time settlement amount for her and two children.But people often says one time amount for children not good as on later stage wife can file maintenance case for children. Is it ok?


 10 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   24 May 2022

Dear Sir, In that case MoU and Compromise Deed will prepare then case will withdraw step wise and as per my concern she is not eligible to file case again and again for same cause of action for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly.
Adv Anurag Bhatt

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 May 2022

You can get divorce from the wife only, not the children. You are bound to provide for them till they are grown up. And they continue to be your legal heirs as well.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 May 2022

The issue is stated to be settled between husband and wife who has agreed to seek divorce with Rs. 15 lakh as "one time settlement" for present, past and future alimony for herself as well as children in her custody.

MUKUND KUMAR (Lawyer)     28 May 2022

Take everything on paper as one time and permenant alimony. Coverting everything also about the lifetime interest and custyody of your child. Your can move ahed in this propiosal with supervision of a legal expert. And in that case you can approach me.

Adv Prashant (SELF PRACTICE )     30 May 2022

You are giving your wife one time settlement amount as permanent alimony in 13B HMA case. But still you will be responsible for growing up costs of your child's since they will always remains your legal hires. Any doubt contact me at 91 9760290825 with online consultation charges.

Mainsh   31 May 2022

The overall cost for the children and there pay for education and expenses has to be done by you.

Here if there is any confidential information you want to safeguard, you can do the Non disclosure agreement online.

You can get the best available resources to consult for legal help.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     04 June 2022

You can trifurcate the amount of Rs.5 lakh each, specifically mentioning in the settlement that the children are getting rs.5 lakh each for their maintenance.  But, even then there is a scope for filing a fresh case after some time by the wife for enhancing the children's maintenance, as the cost of living is raising and then it would be your responsibility to face that new litigation.  There is no foolproof method to avoid the liability of children's maintenance.

MUKESH GUPTA   05 June 2022

Sir is compromise deed in such cases are enforceable under law.How to make compromise deed to avoid any future maintenance cases

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 June 2022

Whatever be the terms of settlement, the children are not party to the compromise.  Necessarily, the compeomise binds your wife alone, not the children.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 June 2022

Being minor the children are represented by their natural guardian /mother (wife herein) hence an agreement / MoU executed by wife on their behalf, is binding on them (children). 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register