Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manishi (executive)     22 January 2012

Mutual concent divorce - need urgent guidence

Dear Friends

I need uregnt correct legal advice regaring my maintanence and divorce case - kindly help

After litigation for about 4 years we have agreed on mutal concent for divorce , the first motion was filed in July and 2nd was due in jan but my wife did not appear and her lawyers told she is not well , i have come to know through my sources that she is planning to harras me further by asking for more money than agreed amount for settlement. We already have a 498A case and 125 maintanence case ongoing, she has got intirim  Rs 3000 as maintanence by falsly declaring her to be non working , the 498A case is in evidence recording stage , we have agreed in the MCD petition that she will withdraw maintanence case and help in  getting  the 498A case quashed , i have alreday deposited the agreed amount in family court and there is a condition in my MCD pietition that she will get the money only when all cases including criminal are closed

My queries are following

1. Can she withdraw concent for 2nd motion without giving any reason ?? will she have to give reason in writting

2. Can she claim more money in court for agreeing to sign 2nd motion?

3. Can the court compel her to agree to terms of the MCD ?

4. can she claim that she now wants to stay with me ??

What should be my best course of action if she does not give me concent for divorce?

Also would be a great help if someone can suggest some good and sincere ( most imp) lawyers for this case . it  is in lucknow

Learning

10 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     22 January 2012

She cannot be compelled to sign second motion by the court. It usually happens that the party being compensated is motivated to delay the second motion to make the other side shell out more money. Actually there is no solution to the issue unless she consents divorce wont happen.

Advocate M.Bhadra   22 January 2012

Setttle the matter with your wife and get the decree of divorce on mutual consent,pease note with reference below--------A divorced wife has a claim of maintenance which explanation b) of sec.125 Cr.P.C..Even where the marriage has been dissolved by mutual divorce,the divorced wife unable to maintain herself can claim maintenance till she remarry.( Sadasivam Pillai vs.Vijaya Lakshmi 1987 Cr LJ 765 1986 3 Crimes 508 1987 1 Ker LT 381 ).

manishi (executive)     22 January 2012

I agree we cannot force her but my query are specific to the below

1. Can she withdraw concent for 2nd motion without giving any reason ?? will she have to give reason in writting

2. Can she claim more money in court for agreeing to sign 2nd motion?

3. Can the court compel her to agree to terms of the MCD ?

4. can she claim that she now wants to stay with me ??

What should be my best course of action if she does not give me concent for divorce?

rahul (director)     22 January 2012

do u have settlement deed for MCD?

she cant move out the settlement deed. court have to pass the decree in her absent, but i know court will not do this.

but you can file criminal case against her for not stick with settlement deed.

any how, she cant compell you to live with her,  you have to check your mcd term/condition.

rahul (director)     22 January 2012

and if she didnt came, and if she taken any amount,,, she have to return that amount

manishi (executive)     23 January 2012

I have the settlement deed in writting and it has been submitted to the court also. However based on many judgements of supreme court i have come to conclusion that we cannot  force her to agree to MCD. My query hence is

1. Can i / court atleast force her to give in writting why is she backing out of MCD ?

2. Can she claim that she wants to stay with me ?? the 498A case is still on ?

3. Can she put a demand of more money to sign 2nd motion in court?

what should be my stand if she does point 2 or 3

Also kindly suggest some good and competent lawyers in lucknow pls

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     23 January 2012

1.No.she can play with you for the next 12 months as MCD 2nd motion can be between 6 to 18 months of first motion.

2.She will have to withdraw MCD & file RCR for that.

3.Yes.she can demand more money in out-of-court settlement to appear for 2nd motion.

You can fight her RCR case & start your divorce case on cruelty grounds.

manishi (executive)     23 January 2012

thanks for your reply, it clear some points

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     08 March 2012

Hello

U may contact me if u wish so. Iam from Mumbai High Court and my office is at Fort, near HighCourt. 

My Mobile No is 99670 56980 and Email No. sandystorm_1995@rediffmail.com

Regrds

Sandeep Naik 

( Advocate Highcourt - Mumbai )

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 March 2012

But if first motion is supported with consideration, there are other ways to get divorce and end cases.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register