LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav   24 September 2017

Mutation of garage space

Dear sir, I reside in a housing complex in Kolkata. Recently I bought a garage space in the same complex from one of our co-residents through registered sale deed. After registration I went to corporation mutation. Since his garage is part of his apartment I have to go for separation and mutation. Now the issue is he has been diligently paying taxes against his assessee number but did not transfer the property in his name from the original builder. I requested him for mutating his property so that I can mutate my garage space. But he is reluctant. Please tell me how to move ahead legally.

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 September 2017

Meet your local advocate and find out whether a garange can be transfered from builder offocially through such documents.   All these are unofficial undestandings depending on mutual trust and recording as such in society.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2017

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2017

It may get revealed that builder could not sell and register so the seller is reluctant.

Or let him handle his burden and relieve you.

Either resolve amicably or approach your own LOCAL counsel as suggested above

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 September 2017

You can file criminal and civil case against the seller. Please appoint Advocate.

Sourav   28 September 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. Please note that the builder has no role here. The garage space is sold to me by my neighbour residing in the same community through registered sale deed.

Please also let me know in case I file a case and the seller does not appear to court for three occasions will I get an ex partee decision?

Please also let me know in case I file a case and the seller does not appear to court for three occasions will I get an ex partee decision?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register