Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Law Abiding Citizen (Software Developer)     23 April 2011

Mothers Inherited property rights for Sons.

Hi! Experts,

I am from Andhra Pradesh... My Grand father expired recently who has four Children two sons ( A, B)  A- Two sons, B- only one daughter & two daughters (C,D). Two daughters married long time  back!!

My Grand Mom inherited house from her Mom and Grand parents thought of giving house to A who has only sons but Grand Parents distriubted money to B, C and D ( all the legal documents we can provide ).

After recent death of my grand father we came to know my Uncle forcefully / with out their knowledge got registration half of the House from my Grand Mom ( who z @ 85 ). now my Uncle occupied House .

Now my father A want to go to court to get house back to him as per the intentions of Grand Parents as already gave equivalent to B, C and D ( legal documents we can provide to the court).

1) What would be the best and chances of getting back the house to my father ?

2) If we want to keep my Uncle away from the house until the court settlement .. what should we do?

Thanks In advace.

Thanks,
Nanda.

Learning

4 Replies

Law Abiding Citizen (Software Developer)     23 April 2011

Also i am not sure how my uncle got registered the house from my Grand Mom .. Gift / Registered Will !!

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     23 April 2011

It will be advisable for you to approach an experienced local lawyer, show your documents, and take his advice. 

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     24 April 2011

Firstly, you make sure that how your uncle got registered the 1/2 portion ofthe said house. For this purpose, please get the index inspection in the Office of Sub-Registrar of the locan area and you would get the copy of the said document.

In the absence of the copy of document, it would be difficult and time consuming for you to go to Court.

Besides this, engage a local laywer and consult showing all the documents you have. Without the perusal of all thedocuments, no opinion can be formed.

Law Abiding Citizen (Software Developer)     26 April 2011

Thanks for the Response Sachin Agrawal Sir.. it's so nice of you and i will make sure to  index inspection as well as Copy of the Document too !!

The Problem is my uncle registered not 1/2 .... 2/3rd of the House.

Any how i will get all the information and post asap !!

With Rgds,

Law Abiding Citizen.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register