LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Mother of all queries -loot &scoot

To                                                                                                                                                                           From

Central Public Info Officer                                                                                                                            Applicant

Controller of Defence Accounts                                                                                                                                Haridas Mandal

No-1 Staff Road                                                                                                                                                                Flat No 401

Secunderabad                                                                                                                                                   Ushodaya Apts

Andhra Pradesh                                                                                                                                                               S V Colony, RK Puram

PIN-500009                                                                                                                                                         PIN-500056

35816/HM/RTI/JUN/0010/2012                                                                                                                          JUN 2012

Dear Sir

Request for info under RTI Act 2005

1.            Ref Your letter No  RTI/2064/2012-13/P-  dated 06/06/2012 &

a) Defence Shopping Complexes ( Maint & Admin) Rules 2006

b) The Ministry of Defence Commercial Shopping Complexes Management Rules 2002.

c)  RTI/2064/2012/P- dated 21/03/2012

d)  RTI/2064/2012/P dated 16/03/2012

e)  RTI /2064/2012/p- dated 30/01/2012

2.            Pl provide me info on the Receipts /recoveries made for the commercial complexes in Defence Lands for which DEO ( Def Estate Officer, Secunderabad/Hyderabad , as applicable) is responsible as per the provision of Rule 4(i) of the The Ministry of Defence Commercial Shopping Complexes Management Rules 2002 in respect to Rents, Water, Electricity, misc charges, Security {Rule 12(ii) }and  Maint charges { Rule 12(i)} for buildings constructed from Public Funds (PF) as well as from Non-Public Funds (NPF) from 2002-03 to the year 2011-12.

3.            You are also to provide info on Net Revenue received from such Commercial shopping Complexes as per provisions of Rules 4(ii) & Rule 13(i). In addition pl provide me info on amount spend from the Defence Services Estimates (Rule 13(iii) vis-a vis consolidated funds of India by the DEO on Maint, Minor works and Major works on the respective commercial complexes. For your convenience   suitable format s based on the Rules, service codes provided as at page 197-201 have been prepared and attached as at appx A1 to A6. Requests provide the info as per the format.  Similarly Appx B1 to B3 has also been attached for charges for works etc.

4.            Pl provide me info as per Appx  C1 to C5 pertaining to Shopping Complexes established on A-1 or Analogous Land  covered  covered under  Rules  1, 2,19 ,20 23, 24 and 25 of Defence Shopping Complexes (Maintenance & Administration) Rules, 2006 and such orders based on which Licence Fees , allied charges etc were being deposited to the treasury prior to publication of the present Rules in 2006.

5.            Following points if permissible under the RTI Act 2005 may kindly be clarified:

a) What are the Regimental shops which are created exclusively for military personnel and their               families as noted at Rule 1(i) of Defence Shopping Complexes (Maintenance & Administration) Rule             2006 ?

b) Whether those are public funded or privately funded? Is the MES recovering any Licence Fees             etc                 from those so called Regimental Shops created exclusively for military personnel and their families?

c)Are those buildings authorised to the services as per Scale of Accommodation 1983 (Revised)?

If yes what was the purpose of special exemption as at Rule 1(i) of the above Rules 2006?

d) Has any queries been raised by your esteemed capable defence department?

5.            An IPO bearing machine number                   payable to CDA Secunderabad-500009 towards RTI Fee is encl herewith. The applicant is ready to bear the cost in addition if any towards providing information as per the existing order.

Encl –Appx A1 to Appx A6 (on both sides. 3 pages)

Appx B1 to Appx B3 (on both sides. 2 pages

Appx C1 to Appx  C5 (on both sides-3 pages)

IPO for Rs 10/-

(Total pages  Nine plus one IPO)

Learning

1 Replies

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     25 June 2012

What is the post all about? How does this post benefit the readers of this post?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register