LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Self)     06 May 2010

Mother Mentally Ill

My mother is mentally ill and she has been creating a lot of problems for my dad. He is not able to live peacefully and she fights with our tenants and vacates them within few months of them coming into the house. Other than that she abuses my father too much and he is almost in a bad state.

Is it possible that we can committ her in a pshychiatric hospital and prove that she is unfit to carry on like this. We feel sad but unfortunately it is so difficult with her behaviour and she is always abusing anyone whom she sees. I would request someone to advice. We are from Tamilnadu and we live close to Chennai. My father is not liking it, but if he does not take any steps she will drive him crazy and almost he will have a heart attack anytime.

Appreciate your kind responses please. Hope there is proper law in India for this?


 4 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     06 May 2010

Better to take her to hospital and give counselling. 

Daksh (Student)     06 May 2010

Dear Raj,

I appreciate your concern but my opinion differs from Mr.Arvintham as yet.  In my considerate opinion (keeping in mind it is you and only your father who can gauge the seriousness of the situation) kindly try to evaluate the cause of this unpredictable behaviour of your mother and by cutting out the cause if the situation can improve.  Further if you deem fit kindly take a second opinion from a professional family counsellor (I may suggest that in case you deem fit kindly post a personal message to Mr.Hardik Mehta who is not only being professionally qualified is better equipped and experienced in handling this tricky but unfortunate situation.  I appreciate that these are truly hard times but God willing everything will be just fine.

God Bless

Best Regards


suresh (hhh)     07 May 2010

Hey Raj, Please talk to her patiently......she has something in her mind....try to find it and solve it...please don't treat her as a mentally ill person...she might need ur and ur father's love and affection...sometimes,if it fails, they react like this...

Mona Langayan (Learner)     08 May 2010

Raj , It is very difficult to cope with such situation ... But before taking further step you should approach psychatarist first ... Best of luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register