LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kevin Fernandes (NA)     13 April 2014

Mobile theft

Hi, I need in some help in understanding how the law actually works in this scenario. While boarding a train my phone was stolen by a pick-pocketer. I caught him red-handed but he had two friends with him to whom he passed the phone and they got down from the train. I handed over the robber to a Local Railway Police Station. After doing so, his friends handed over the phone and apologized for the wrong doing. I was told by the police in-charge that even if the phone is found or given back by the robber to log a complaint against the robber. I did so, but the phone is in Police Custody now. Now, the problem being, I get phone calls and emails from UK. As my phone is under custody, I can't do anything and my work is hampered. As it is an Iphone 5S, I can't use the Sim Card in any other phone. I have asked several people and they informed that once the court opens on Tuesday, only then I can get my phone back. Can you please suggest how can I get my phone back as soon as possible because this is affecting my work?

Learning

3 Replies

CA Mari sankar (Audit Manager & Taxation)     13 April 2014

Pls withdraw the case. There is many things to file complain here. Its so regular nd common

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     13 April 2014

Yes if police has logded an fir than u will get your cell through court on superdari. Or call 09910657998 mahavir singh advocate.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     13 April 2014

File an application in the court also called supurdigi nama in which you can give full recovery detail of your phone which is lying with the police in the policestation to the court and request the court to release the phone and handover your phone to you , after confirmation from concern police station court will order to police to release the phone and handover to you .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register