LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tanmoy Banerjee (Freelancer)     05 November 2011

Misleading epf balance

Today I checked my EPF balance online. The SMS I got says balance in my account  EE Amnt Rs. XXXX  ER Amnt Rs. YYYY.

Can anyone tell me what does EE and ER amount stand for.  I am really confused as the figures don't  tally. My total contribution is just same as the EE Amount. Does this mean my Ex  employer has not depositied their contribution or they have withdrawn their part?  The ER amount is one third the EE amount !

Some one please help as it seems that all legal means to get my PF is remote. The status of my online complaint to EPF on 25/01/2011 shows the case as resolved !  whereas I have not yet got my PF back.

Please clarify how much I will get if I claim my PF on form 10 and 19c. is it EE + ER ? this is really shocking as to the best of my knowledge company's contribution is same as mine.

Learning

3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     05 November 2011

EE means the Employee's contribution = your contribution. This would show the actual amount  of your contribution. ER means the Employer's contribution. This would not be equal since 8.. (fraction) percentage of employer's contribution is towards the EPS = Employee's Pension Scheme. This amount would be having a separate credit and available by pension or computation. please visit EPF's website which provides complete information and FAQs.

vasudevan

Sanjeev (Asst Manager)     05 November 2011

Hello

Check till what date your PF account balance is updated in system by PF authority. It happends if PF authority do not update your records. And EE stands for employee, ER stands for Employer.

You can lodge a complain on this issue by visiting PF website / grivence.

Tanmoy Banerjee (Freelancer)     05 November 2011

Thanks Mr. Vasudevan for the clarification.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register