LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dev (NA)     22 January 2015

Misbehaviour of police officers




Is there any law in the world's largest democracy called Hindusthan that can have one heard who has been misbehaved and abused by police officers when approaching them for registering an FIR and were kicked out of the police station?


If there exists a positive answer to the above question then please state how to go about booking such police officers?


 1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 January 2015

if the police are refusing to file fir in a cognizable case you can send it directly to the deputy comissioner of your area through registered post with acknowledgement mentioning the name of the police station where fir lodging was not alllowed.still if no action then go to the court and ask tcourt to issue a direction order.even then if no action it would amount to contempt of court and the court would ask for departmental action against the police officers

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register