LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (A)     31 August 2014

Miisuse of 354

After long fight. the supreme court realized that Section 498 was being misused by many people and many innocent people had suffered because of it. Now the same story goes with  Section 354 which  was made to curb molestation of girls but now it is being used as a weapon of Blackmailing by many girls since this  is non bailable and non compoundable and strangely not much evidence required to file an FIR or to prove the case. I An FIR was filed against me under section 354. The police investigated it and found it false.They told me that they had no evidence but due to laws rule they had to arrest me or I should surrender on my own.for which I decided to surrender and I was granted bail on the same day and the police did not oppose it. The particular  day and time of crime which has been registered in FIR  is false while  at that time I was in my office , attendance report, Thumb scanning attendance report , CCTV records of office are proof of this. Also police traced my mobile number location and found out that on that day I was not present in that area. All this evidence shows that i am innocent but still i was arrested and had to go through all these difficulties. Now financially it is not possible for me to initiate proceedings in supreme court  for amending Section 354 .So if some one is ready to support me legally and financially , I will fight against the Section 354 in supreme court and will try to give justice for those victims who had been suffered because of this law.

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     31 August 2014

Collect all the relevant documentry evidences , electronic evidences , cctv footage , and mobile phone location report with you and approach to the high court to quash the fir u/s 482 crpc , you will get relief .

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 September 2014

when you have material to prove innosence then why should you bother to challange the law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register