LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

WifeTorturingMe (Manager)     03 March 2015

Mental torture & harassment by my wife & her parents

Its an arranged marriage and its about 2.4 yrs from now. My wife stayed with me only for 2+ months that too with too many breaks in a year. We are blessed with a baby girl and I have not seen my daughter since 1.3yrs from now. My wife & her parents torturing me to the core by demanding that I should keep my parents and relations out forever. The harassment given to me cannot be expressed in words, I have lost job 3 times because of the mental agony & torture given  by my wife & her parents. Recently they tried to harass me & my family by approaching the local politician. 

Threatening regularly that we will sue in court, will commit suicide, today we meet advocate, you life is finished, kind off.... 

Please advice and safe my life, I want to live a meaning full life.... 

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     03 March 2015

1.  think about to take a separate house in nearby place to your parents and discharge the responsibility both to your parents and your wife and child.  While living separately, ay regular visits to your parents and support them emotionally and financially (if they need it)

2.  If the above proposal is not suitable, then file divorce case.

(Guest)

There seems to be no underestanding at all.

Its advisable to ask intervention of elders and sort this out by means of mutual consent divorce.

If you still want to hang on broken branch, you will fall down sooner or later, its better you climb down now than falling and injuring yourself.

Contested divorce takes lot of time to get over ie 7-8 years.

And looking at your case, I dont think you are ready to dance to your wifes tunes, so best option is MCD.

Dear Chandra Shekar & Helping hand,

Thank you for your response!

My parents are at old age and they are under medications since 2-3 years now and Im the only son. I have tried to put separately but my wife comes with lots of demands saying not to go to my parents house and my parents should not meet or touch my daughter. But my wife family members can come & go/stay, play with my kid etc., In recent occasion my wife and her parents visited to local Politian who is close to our family and they are trying to damage our family social status and building the negative pressure & stress across…   Honestly I have no love & affection towards my wife at all after all this, but I want to give best life to the kid & I don’t want that kid should suffer for no reason, please advise me if I can divorce my wife & willing to take my Kid with me. 

SuperHero (Manager)     03 March 2015

I am sorry to hear your case. This stress and mental agony is a big pain.

The moment you say divorce. Alimony/Money comes into picture.

If you go to Court the court will give you visitation rights and child will be under Mother’s care because the child is too young I guess. Read the following article.

https://www.legalserviceindia.com/article/l34-Custody-Laws.html

You may have to provide maintenance for the child and wife if she is not working.

All the above depends on the case and the points you mention clearly in the documents. If case gets contested it will go for many years.

Emotional Part –

Parents will suffer in 2 ways because Daughter in Law is not cooperating and Son is suffering. Even if you get divorce then also they will be suffering because you are all alone by yourself and they can’t see there granddaughter.

Now few questions.

1.      What makes her think that she doesn’t want your parents to live with you?

2.      Does she have any medical problems?

3.      Read about Post-partum depression

4.      If you leave your Parents, will you be Happy with your wife and kid.

Last but not least the kid will suffer without both Parents Love and Affection.

Already Adv Chandrasekhar and Helping Hand has given there valuable advice.

Thanks you very much!

Just now one incident happened, I got a call from my wife’s brother & wife and they are threatening me over the phone that they will go to my town and see what I will do for you kind off…..and using bad slang to me… Im worried a lot. Please advise me how to lodge a police complaint so that I can safe guard myself… Please advice!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2015

The issue is turning from worse to worst and going out of control due to aggravations.  Now you have to decide to hold the marital relationship fast or let it go loose breaking away (?), You are the better judge of yourself as well as the critical situation you face now.  In my opinion, you may ask her give her consent for mutual divorce so that you can part with each other as friends or go for divorce on the grounds of cruelty and desertion, consult your lawyer and proceed as per his further advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register