Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tanvi...... (MIS coordinator)     10 April 2010

Mental harrasment by my husband-plz help..!!

Hiii,
I had the so called love marriage & my parents were not really happy with it.I was completely shattered as my husband started treating me like hell just from the  fourth day of wedding.He was at the extreme levels of drinking which he use to start at 8 pm & continued till 4 am,he had relationships with other girls which i was never aware of.He tried hitting me on the 4th days of wedding & asked me to accept him the way he was or get divorced.

He use to torture me mentally all the time,use to abuse me,insult me & wanted me to break all the connections with the outside world & stay in one room all the time.He dint  allow me to  access internet,Tv,social contacts nothing.I had been a very confident,intelligent,career oriented,bubbly & cheerful girl alwz & marriage to me was like I was staying on an island all alone.He just wanted to get a tag of getting married & carry on with his sh*t stuff of girl freinds,p*rn sites,drinks,smokes whole life.He wanted me to stay like dumb fools at home all the time with no social contacts.He took real advantage of my helplessness as I cud not tell anything to parents as was afraid of my dad''s health & it wud hv been a big shock.

Whole day round I use to watch the clock & then use to think wat Im looking at as the next day also would be the same.

I kept a fake face in front of all me relatives,friends,family that Im very happy wid this man as it was a love marriage & I dint want to give a shock to my parents as my father is a very sensitive man.Finally I was left in a very severe stage of depression & also developed suicidal tendencies.My health use to deteriorate with every passing day & I cud see no ray of hope at all.He dint leave any stone unturned to torture me mentally.I use to feel so helpless n humiliated all the time.Every second day he use to ask me get out of my house n get divorced.Then one day he tried to torture me physically & my patience broke.

I cld up my brother & told everything.It was a big shock for him & my mom.We dint tell anything to my dad as he cud not digest this shock.In front of my mom & brother he showed that thrz no major issue & its just a small ups & down in daily life as its a new relation.They asked me to try to resolve the things & this happened two three times but he worsened the things.

Finally I came back home with mutual consent of both families as I urgently needed to be treated.I broke all connections with him as I was undergoing treatment from psychialtrist.I am on anti depressants since past 6 months & counselling sessions.With God;s grace I have started recovering now as I struggled damn hard with exercises,yoga & meditation & all.Doctor advised me to stay in people of my age group & do wtvr gives U happiness & peace.So I am staying in a P.G now with young girls.

In this tenure also he tried harassing me and my family many times.
He calls me after drinks n abuse to the max.He calls my family at midnight after drinks n gives dhamki & abuses all the time that I will do this that.I'll break ur legs,I'll beat ur dad etc etc.We are too scared as he's from a political background family & can do anything.Mine is a very simple god frearing family & we are totally silent as my dad is in bad condition of health coz of this shock and Im already under anti depressants.He says that I'll get u inprisoned under so & so section as U r staying away from ur husband without my permission.We dont have any knowledge abt these legal stuff  dont evn want to get into legal cases as he's from a big political background family.PLS HELP...!!

Learning

17 Replies

khyati desai ratadiya (lawyer)     10 April 2010

Miss Tanvi

Whatever you are going through is harassment in marriage and domestic violence. You need not have to go through all these. No lady with self respect deserved to be treated like this by anyone. You can file a suit against your husband for divorce or judicial seperation with alimony and you can take help of any social welfare group for this purpose. Do not waste your precious years after this man who does not care. You deserve better. He is coward and won't harm you if you wanna break free. All the best

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     10 April 2010

Take divorce and live your life but do not filoe false crimilnal cases.  these will wste your time. Being a women you have good chances to take divorce. 

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     10 April 2010

I do not feel that only one can right and other is wrong. there is uncompatibility,,

mahendrakumar (marketing)     10 April 2010

dear tanvi,

"I too dont feel that only one is right and other is wrong"'

it is too late for any reconcilliation. since your husband also want a divorce,the matter is very simple.

dont cookup any stories for the case.

Payel Nandi (LAW STUDENT)     10 April 2010

Its clear that u r going through serious problems which affects ur mind and physic both.if ur husband also wants divorce then go for mutual divorce otherwise consult with a good lawyer and file cases against him.this is a case of cruelty,domestic violence and u can easily get rid of all this.u need not to worry. law is for all not in favour of the people having power..

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     11 April 2010

Be separated, If u wish to spend rest of ur life peacefully.  Always keep fighting tendency against any kind of in justice, If u have to survive. Go as per the advice of Lnd Expert Mr. prabhakar. Do not be afraid of law, court and Police. U have to face.

Tanvi...... (MIS coordinator)     11 April 2010

Hello Mr D.Vikas.K.C & Mr Mahendra kumar,

Thanks for the response & I do respect your point of view.

Everyone on this earth has their own perception.

But to me very honest I had tears in my eyes reading your replies.Kindly don't be so judgemental without knowing the core facts.Thr are cases on this earth in which U get sh*t in return o your inconditional love & sacrifices & mine is an perfect example.Whatever I have mentioned are just few things.If ever U come to know the whole stuff I hv gone thru U'll have tears as well.I have my own restrictions of not quoting each n every incident here but may be in near future whole world comes to know the truth as he has started trying my patience.He is just taking benefit of our silence & innocence but h doesnt know *agar nari maa hai,sehansheelta ki murti hai to nari durga ka roop bhi hai"

Anyways thanks.

Tanvi...... (MIS coordinator)     11 April 2010

Hello Mr D.Vikas.K.C & Mr Mahendra kumar,

Thanks for the response & I do respect your point of view.

Everyone on this earth has their own perception.

But to me very honest I had tears in my eyes reading your replies.Kindly don't be so judgemental without knowing the core facts.Thr are cases on this earth in which U get sh*t in return o your inconditional love & sacrifices & mine is an perfect example.Whatever I have mentioned are just few things.If ever U come to know the whole stuff I hv gone thru U'll have tears as well.I have my own restrictions of not quoting each n every incident here but may be in near future whole world comes to know the truth as he has started trying my patience.He is just taking benefit of our silence & innocence but h doesnt know *agar nari maa hai,sehansheelta ki murti hai to nari durga ka roop bhi hai"

Anyways thanks.

(Guest)

Hello Tanvi,

The problem I have read about you and now since you are in your mothers house. Just talk to ur husband and ask if he is interested for divoce,if yes then go for mutual divorce as it will ease your things ...

Or else anyways u can get divoce on mental hassasment and cruelty.

Once u get divorce you can easily get out of it slowly and lead a happy life.

All the best .....

mahendrakumar (marketing)     11 April 2010

dear Tanvi,

I appologize,if i hurt you in any way.

I do give "counselling" to troubled families as a part time social activity.

Since,in your case, after a prolonged love life,immediately after marriage and that too around 4th day of marriage, when everything turned upside down,i thought the possibility of some involuntary provocation,from your part.

It happens in most cases of "Love Marriage",as when you are in love,you donot notice any mistake of your partner or you simply ignore it. After,the marriage,people start notificing such acts of misbehaviours etc and starts complaining everything altogether.  This provokes the other partner and like a "fire work" one provocation ignites the other and so on...slowly,in place of love,the villain "hatred" start ruling their life.

It seems that in your life,the unnoticed sadism of your partner may have created hell for you.

once again sorry for my comments.

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     13 April 2010

Dear Tanvi

You told that it was a love marriage and you loved that person. I told easy way to get out the problem with mutual consent divorce without any mentak trauma, otherwise if you like yuo can easily fabricate true/false stories and send his entire family in jail and create a enemy for your ful life, I do not underatsnd if someone prosecute others in cases..., how he/she can live with peace throught full life. I will never give suggestion for wasteing time of life to stuck in bad realtion which is again is luck or badluck, getout of thses as easy as possible,,,,

Tanvi...... (MIS coordinator)     21 April 2010

Hello,

Kindly advice Is it mandatory that both the partners should be living separately since 1 year before filing a divorce case??

What I know is that one can't file the case before completion of one year after marriage.

I got married on 2nd-march-09 & I am living separately at my parents house since Oct-09.

One year has been completed.

Is it mandatory that both the partners should be living separately since 1 year before filing a divorce case??

Payel Nandi (LAW STUDENT)     21 April 2010

as 1yr has complited u can file the petetion of divorce.

Payel Nandi (LAW STUDENT)     21 April 2010

it is not necessary to b living separate for 1 yr  before filing a divorce case,it is after u file the petetion and if it is granted then u both hav 2 live separately for 1yr which is called judicial separation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register