Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Chandra (Sr Manager)     29 November 2012

Mental harassment compensation

Dear Sir

I had booked a ticket throught Make My trip in month of April 2012 for Nov 2012. (Ahd-Del-Lko)

I had changed dates of travel in month of Jul 2012 (from 24th Nov to 18th Nov and cancellation of my wife's ticket)

MMT sent a confirmation mail of final booking (9th Ongoing and 18th return for self)

On 9th Nov when i reached the airport, the Jet lite people told me tht i was not booked on the particular flight. i called MMT helpline, but no help. I had to book urgently on the spot ticket (Ahd-Del)and travel and since there was no flight from Del-Lko i had to travel in unreserved way in train.Delay was of about 14 hrs in my total travel. i lodged complant to MMT.

Few weeks later i recieved call from MMT saying tht they will compensate the ammount of ticket i had purchased in emergency.

i want to claim for my mental harassment in addition to the ticket ammount. How can i do so? is there any legal code for it?

Pl help

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 November 2012

“Few weeks later i recieved call from MMT saying tht they will compensate the ammount of ticket i had purchased in emergency.”

You may submit carefully structured minutes of discussion in writing under acknowledgment of phone call {mention date, time, phone number, name/designation/dept/address of the calling person and transaction id if any assigned by company to confirmation of refund of amount of air ticket} and narrate the background, mental tension, harassment, financial loss suffered by you and demand that company issues a written confirmation subsequent to its phone call. You may conclude that company is taking tool long to redress your grievance.

You may also demand that the payment be sent to you by bank DD only thru redg. post only and if company has already dispatched the instrument of refund/payment, the certified copy of the receipt of redg. Post/POD may be supplied to you.

If you can extract payment by persuasion you may extract whatever amounts you can without giving any full and final agreement and thereafter you may pull them to DCDRF.

It shall be better if you proceed under expert advice of a lawyer specializing in consumer cases.

Prashant Chandra (Sr Manager)     29 November 2012

Thank you sir.

also i wanted to know that how much should i claim as mental harassment compensation which will be over and above the cost of tickets. Is there any law for it?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register