Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

L K C   28 September 2015

Mental cruelty ground

Marriage Date : 22nd April 2015

Isssues :

1. Wife Doubting on me having relationship with other- From 1st Day of Marriage and keeps quarelling on same - Have FB chats mentioning these.Also has mentioned same infront of relatives who wnet for reconcilation.

2. Also keeps on telling that she will commit suicide everyday.Has also attempted suicide 3 times in 3 months.

a) 1st was when mother asked her to have food and she was not ready for having food as she was angry.(This we have no proof)

b) In 2nd attempt had depression pills had to take to doctor as had in large quantity.Have doctor report.

c) In 3rd attempt she again had pills and this time also took to hospital and doctor prescribed Pshychiatric treatment.

Though doctor recommended for Pshychiatric treatment,she went to her home and said am not mad/have no disorder and her family is arguing on it that I need pshychiatric treatment which they mentioned in the reconcilation time.

Please help what can be done ? 

Can these be grounds for mental cruelity and also i have been into depression for these marital adjustments. 

Learning

7 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     28 September 2015

I think you had put this query earlier also.  Any how, the acts attributed against her amount to mental cruelty and you can file divorce case.  But filing divorce, one year from the date of marriage, you have to wait.  Otherwise, moving an application seeking leave to apply, you can file divorce case within one year on the ground of extreme hardship.

(Guest)

No medicine for doubt.  DIvorce is last option.  All the best in your future endeavooors in obtaining divorce decree and also fighting other cases filed on you and your parents by her.

L K C   28 September 2015

Dear "prabhakar advocate",

Please explain :

"Otherwise, moving an application seeking leave to apply, you can file divorce case within one year on the ground of extreme hardship."

How to proceed on this? Please Guide.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 September 2015

you can apply for judicial seperation u/s 10 hma (if you both are hindus).as divorce can be applied only after a year of marriage

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 September 2015

Are her allegations true or false?

What was her mental condition at the time of marriage? Can be cured if it is only a physchological disorder.Proper mediation and counselling can bring her to normalcy.I am not recomending legal procedures for getting rid of her.

L K C   29 September 2015

Her allegations are completely false.She doubts whenever i talk over phone or come online in WhatsApp or FB in office.I dont have any idea why she behaves this way.Also she keeps on allegating about my friends and family to her family.I dont know about her mental condition before marriage as it was an arranged marriage and we talked very less but after mrg from the first day she behaves very rude and she gets angry on small issues and creates nuisance after that.And she never cools down even after repeated consolation.She drags things a lot even a small issue and ends up in telling that I did a big mistake marrying me and she will commit suicide etc.

L K C   22 February 2016

We are deserted for 6 Months now but now she has started allegation my brother ,Sister in law and Mother for all things.She sends messages that we have ruined her life and other thing.She never accepts that she is wrong and keeps on teeling that we are criminals and now she is doing job.And mentally torturing me writing messages and telling against me and my family.What Do i do next?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register