LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mangal Gupta (md)     18 April 2011

Marriage Fraud

I got  married a widow  lady after the demise of my first wife in 2008 after some months my second wife filed a Domestic violence case against me and received a order for 3500 per month, in the meantime there was mutual understanding and she again started living with me and i never deposited any money in the court but i transferred money in lacs in my wifes account and neither did i receive any communication from the court and neither my wife went for any further dates since last two years.

After living for around 16 months together she again discussed and filed for a mutual consent divorce petition where even i signed, now she is refusing to hand over my late wifes ornaments and other movable properties. In the mean time I have realised that before marrying me she was married  and had left her husband to marry a navy officer who died in a motor accident and she is drawing pension from that marraiage. She again married a guy and left him in 15 days a copy of their mutual consent agreement on a stamp paper is in my possesion, she again married a guy and has a house registered with the last name used of that husband I have a copy of that registered document wherin her name reads as that to her husband, after that she amrried me in 2008  I just want to know that I can prove that she was married atleast twice before marrying me and has not legally divorced me.

Please suggest as to what criminal action can be taken against her and should i withdraw the mutual consent petition filed and file for an annulment of marraige and can i sue her.

Regards

Learning

1 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     18 April 2011

Yes you can file a suit for annulment of marriage and if there are sound proofs you can sue her for bigamy also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register