Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage Dissolved on Ex-parte

Page no : 2

SROTAS -Global Legal Services (LEGAL)     19 June 2008

before filing revision before the High Court, you have to file counter in his Delay petition.  If you file the counter with strong objections, then it is not necessary to file any revision.

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     19 June 2008

Why do you want to run into endless litigation??? contest the delay
petition, if  the court dismisses it your husband will go to
High Court, if it is allowed you want to go to High Court,. Please bear
it in mind an exparte decree of divorce is not a divorce at all. It
will not be useful to you in any manner. Let him come  on
record and try to have a settlement so that you can buy some peace.
Orelse you can contest the matter once he comes on record and you can
have a proper decree of divorce in your hands. But remember there a
chance that your husband may knock the doors of high court if the
matter is decreed.

CoolGuy (CX)     23 December 2009

In this case why the remarriage be performed after 1 year from the date of decree. I believe the limitation period is 90 days and if within these 90 days if the other party doesnt appeal at high court or lower court for setting aside the exparte order then one is legally free to marry.

Akanksha   15 May 2020

Srinivas B.S.S.T 

Thanks a lot for the elaborate explaination


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads