LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

curiousity55   18 August 2015

Marking documents in dvc

Dear experts,DVC was filed on me in 2011 .whether any documents available to me like her educational qualification xerox copies,medical bills etc.,can be marked as exhibits at cross examintation stage on the dv petitioner? Her cross exam is to happen in few days in dvc.

will judge allow these documents. OR shall i submit these documents at final arguments stage of DVC. Please reply soon.Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

FightForCause (Businessman)     18 August 2015

Hi,

If the documents you want to get marked are Xerox copies then they will be termed as Secondary Evidences.

The rule for Secondary evidence is that it needs to be pre-informed to the opposite party.

You can ask questions related to them during her cross and if she admits they can be marked as Exhibits, but if she did not then it will be difficult to get them mark.

Sometimes Judges take their discretion power and mark them if they feel that the document is important for the case.

Suggest you to read evidence law for more clarity - Read from Section 60 to 65 , it will clear your doubts.

All the best

curiousity55   18 August 2015

Dear experts! can any more experts answer my query.

(Guest)

Only those documents can be marked which have been agreed upon by you and your lawyer, all of a sudden you cannot mark documents without telling the opposite party lawyer.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     18 August 2015

Fight for Cause has given clear and lucid reply.  The proper time to file documents by you is at the time of written statement/reply.  In exceptional cases, before framing the issues, they can be filed.  But courts will allow them, only using their discretionary powers.  You file them right now, even though, as per law, you are filing them belatedly.

Prabhakar(Advocate)

(M)9958670740

Legal Aid Panel-Central Delhi (Tis Hazari)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register