LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjula (Process Associate)     17 December 2013

Manjula gowda

Hello Experts,

My father has purchased the property (land) on my grand fathers name 30 to 32 years ago and my father is only the son and he has 3 younger sisters. my grand father passed away 22 ago and after his death my father transferred all property to name of his mother (My grand mother) and my grand mother is alive still. Now my father first sister is claiming for this property share since now this property value is crores together and another 2 sisters are not interested on my fathers property as they knows its purchased by my father and he got it registered on his fathers name cause of respect on him. But my first aunt  keeping this point, she is claiming for share. Now my questions are

1) Do my grand mother has any rights to transfer all the property to my Fathers name since currently all property is on her name (since even my grand mothers is not willing to give share to my aunts)

2) My grand father died suddenly on his 60 age cause of heart attack so it was unexpected he did not make any will or property transfer by his own, only my dad did it after my grand father's death. Now my dad has any ways to prove that property was purchased by himself with oral statement support from his mother and his another 2 sisters??

3) There is any ways (Legal points) to avoid the property sharing to my dad sister legally??


Please guide us to save our property, because this is my fathers own earned property. The mistake he has done is he got registered the property on my grand fathers name. Please mail me to "" the solutions and guidelines for dealing with this case in better way.


 1 Replies

Srinivas (Director)     17 December 2013

Hi Manula,


Have the grandmother gift the property to your father. I am assuming the transfer to your grandmother was effected by way of a registered document.

Institute a declaration suit in the name of your grandmother if there is a cloud on the title and claim rights of all others expired thru adverse possession.

I am sure the younger sister was aware of execution of gift deed in the name of your grandmother.


good luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query