Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jyoti V (RM)     27 May 2015

Manager not -

Dear Sir/ Ma'am,

My friend is working in IT training company from 1 year in E-learning. It’s a small firm of 4 employees including the Director. This is her first job. She got an opportunity in  MNC. She submitted her resignation last month on 24th may after receiving the offer letter. Her immediate reporting is to the owner on the firm (Managing director) who was on 1 month foreign tour with family.

She dropped him an email intimating her resignation with notice period. He replied that he is on a vacation and this is not a professional way of informing.

Now that he is back, he is accusing stating that she did this with wrong intentions. She should have informed him that she is going for the interview and all this was planned before he went to US. And he stating that, he will not relieve her on any cost. As per current company offer letter she has to serve two months’ notice period. She ready to buy off 1months notice period as she has already served 1 month notice.

The MD says, we don’t follow the rule of buying off the notice period. And he also says if she wants to leave she can. He will not give the relieving and acceptance.  

Two of her colleagues were removed earlier from the job as there was no project and he could not afford their salary.

This firm does not follow HR policies, No increments. No salary slips, No PF deductions no leave policies.

I worked here as Operations Manager. I personally did not get my acceptance and relieving letter and salary. During my tenure of 3 months, 2 of the directors and 5 employees resigned. I know all this sounds stupid. Honestly, this is how the firm works.

In my 11 years of working this is first time I came across such a situation.

Recently there was a Service tax department raid as the company did not pay the ST. There is no structure in the company. The worst is the immaturity he has in his talks.

Can you guide her, she loosing on a very big opportunity.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 May 2015

Repeated Query: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Relieving-and-acceptance-letter-121621.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register