LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

covance   03 July 2015

maintenance under section 125

Respected lawyers, My wife has filed a maintenance suit against me asking for 70000 rs per month as maintenance of herself and our daughter claiming my monthly income to be 2 lacrupees. She has also claimed that she is not working anywhere, however, she is working and getting a monthly salary of 1.25 lacs per month whereas I earn 85000 per month. I am ready to give child maintenance but as she is earning more than me , I don't wanna give maintenance to wife. How much maximum money will the court grant to her as maintenance?what will be the consequences if I prove her income and job in court? Will court take action against her for hiding her income? Rgrds

Learning

4 Replies

covance   03 July 2015

My daughter is 1year 3 months old.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     03 July 2015

It will be better if you will prove that she is doing job and getting a very handsome salary, court will dismiss her petition for maintenance to her, regarding child maintenance you both are liable for that, you have to pay maintenance for your child for that court will consider salary and life style of both of you and then grant maintenance amount for your child .

covance   03 July 2015

Thank you Joshi sir for valuable inputs ........can you guide me about how much approximately will be child maintenance in my case.

covance   03 July 2015

Thank you Joshi sir for valuable inputs ........can you guide me about how much approximately will be child maintenance in my case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register