Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinu (executive)     22 August 2012

Maintenance to kids

Wife is educated but not working. Can a Husband (business person) avoid paying interim-maintenance (DV) to the kids also? It's a father's responsibility to pay for kids but going for appeal and saying "she decerted me..i have not harrased her i have no money as i was in jail for 3 days due to 498a"  will these statments help him to avoid paying to kids?


 4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 August 2012

1. NO.

2. Appeal on quoted grounds are misconceived and will backfire.
3. if you are father in this query and telling us you are business person then where is the question of not paying to kid arise and what acrimonious relationship between mother and father has to do with maintenance payment as awarded to kid from father (respondent as in DV)?
4. No business person loses his entire/total business by being in Jail just for 3 days !
5. The money being proposed to be spent on lawyers fees by going in for Appeal can very well be utilised in paying arrears towards kid maintenance as awarded under DV complaint of wife is my view.

stanley (Freedom)     22 August 2012

You would have to pay interim maintanence for the kids at any cost no matter whatever you project loss etc  .


Husbandand father has responcible to maintenance his wife and children if he is fit in health.

Vinu (executive)     26 August 2012

Thanks for your reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register