LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Maintenance from daughters

Merai in-laws merai husband pai depend karte hai. Kiya woh apni earning karne wali married aur unmarried daughter sai bhi maintenance maang sakte hai.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Mera question hai kiya working marrried aur unmarried daughters sai parents maintenance ley sakte hai ?

stanley (Freedom)     13 December 2012

@ author the below clarifies your doubt 

CHAPTER II 
MAINTENANCE OF PARENTS AND SENIOR CITIZENS 
4.  Maintenance of parents and senior citizens : (1) A senior citizen including parent who 
is unable to maintain himself from his own earning or out of the property owned by him, shall be 
entitled to make an application under section 5 in case of— 
  (i) parent or grand-parent, against one or more of his children not being a minor; 
  (ii) a childless senior citizen, against such of his relative referred to in clause (g) of 
section 2. 
 (2) The obligation of the children or relative, as the case may be, to maintain a senior citizen 
extends to the needs of such citizen so that senior citizen may lead a normal life. 
 (3) The obligation of the children to maintain his or her parent extends to the needs of such 
parent either father or mother or both, as the case may be, so that such parent may lead a normal 
life. 
 (4) Any person being a relative of a senior citizen and having sufficient means shall 
maintain such senior citizen provided he is in possession of the property of such senior citizen or 
he would inherit the property of such senior citizen: 
 Provided that where more than one relatives are entitled to inherit the property of a senior 
citizen, the maintenance shall be payable by such relative in the proportion in which they would 
inherit his property

(Guest)

Property to merai pati ko hi milegi uski sisters koh nahi. Ise section ke according merai pati merai in-law ki property ko inherit karte hai. Ise liye maintenance daughters sai nahi milege kiya?

stanley (Freedom)     14 December 2012

it would be better if you respond in english as i dont understand hindi

(Guest)

Property my in-laws, my husaband will get. so in-laws not get maintenance from married and unmrried daughters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register