Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandhya (.)     20 November 2013

Maintenance for son

Hi, 

I am living separately from husband since Oct'08 and taking care of son who turned 18 in Jul'13. I am working but it is very difficult to survive as the son is doing B.Tech. We are surviving on bare minimum things as husband doesn't pay anything. He paid Rs 4500/- for the maintenance of son till he turned 18 then stopped. This money couldn't even cover his school expenses or coaching fee. Husband is working with  Central Govt. 

I had few joint accounts, FDR's with husband. After separation he got closed one joint locker by forging my signature after which i got all joint accounts put on hold. Now he has gone to the court asking for these a/c's to be made operational, claiming that it was his money and he should get it back.

I just want to know that can I claim any share in this money? He had forged my sign in 2009. Can I file a case against him in this case? Is there any provision for asking maintenance for son till he completes his studies.

Please help

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Somehow try to patch up with husband, that is the best solution for you.  Son turned 18, so no maintenance for him, in turn if your husband loses his job, he can claim maintenance from his son as he is already adult.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register