Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunny singh (asfdgfs)     13 April 2012

Maintenance

Please advise.......

Its been 6 months that I have filed for maintenace. How long does it take to get an interim maintenance ?????

Most importantly what is the court fees levied on maintenance suit in AP. My lawyer has snatched a heavy amount from me a year back in the name of court fees.Please clarify the basis of fees amt calculation .......

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     13 April 2012

If the maintenance is under Section 125 Cr.P.C., then the court fee is Rupee one and paise twenty five only.  The Advocate's fee varies according to his standing at the bar.  The interim maintenance will be decided normally within six months.  Once husband files the reply, wife is asked to file rejoinder and husband is directed to file the documents on the next date and arguments are heard (without taking evidence and only on the basis of petition, rejoinder from wife and reply from husband along with supported documents).   So, it is a quick process.

(Guest)

seeking quick bucks?.

sunny singh (asfdgfs)     13 April 2012

Chandu Sir

Thank u for ur reply

I wanted to know the court fees for permanent alimony claimed in maintenance suit. I think there is fees for that and i m getting different figures from different lawyers on this

So, please help me out in calculating the exact amount

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 April 2012

Permanent alimony under which  section? HMA 25?

Yes, the court fee is linked to the amount claimed and would need to be paid as per the applicable state law.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register